In January 1892, Rev.Cook sent Mr. Huang Yue Lin to Muar; and rented a corner shop lot between Jalan Sayang and Jalan Abdullah, to be used for worship service.
He was assisted by Rev. Liau Thian Ek. In the same year, Rev. Cook requested for a piece of land for church building and school from H.R.H. Sultan Abu Bakar. He was offered the piece of land in Jalan Salleh (the present site of Living Waters Church) and the cost of construction. Construction of the church building commenced on 4/3/1893 and was completed in Decemeber 1893.
Rev. Cook was the first interim moderator and Rev. Liau Thian Ek was appointed the first pastor (he was subsequently appointed as minister of the Living Waters Church in 14/3/1928). The church was named as the Muar Jalan Salleh Church of the Singapore Malaya Presbyterian Church.